Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

April 11, 2007


I was trying to get a picture of Katie with her eyes open, but I never could catch her with both wide open. To get a good picture, I had to turn up the lights, and she squints when the lights are up.

Katie had a pretty good day today and yesterday. They put her back on the conventional ventilator. She's doing well on it so far. As long as she has a dry diaper, a suctioned-out mouth and her breathing tube positioned comfortably, she's able to keep all of her vitals where they need to be. She's up to 6 cc of milk every 3 hours and has been able to stay off of the dopamine for her blood pressure. Today they had to change her breathing tube (for a larger size), and they tried putting her on just oxygen through her nose, but she just wasn't ready for it yet.

Last night I got to give Katie her first sponge bath. I don't think she was that crazy about it, but her vitals stayed stable throughout it. It at least washed off some of her old, dead skin from when she was so dried out. When the nurse was changing out her bedding, I got to kind of pick her up. By this, I mean I slid my hands under her and lifted her up while the nurse changed out her blankets. She was teathered to her feeding tube, breathing tube, 2 IVs, and 4 sensors on her body, but it was the first time I had her in my hands.

4 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm so glad you got to pick her up! Just think, in no time at all you'll have to be picking her up to keep her from getting into things. Love ya'll

    -Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see her this afternoon. I am pleased you got to hold her for the first time.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong and continue to be there for your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see she is doing good. Just give her time an let her grow. The picture was great thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete