We had a developmental appointment today. Basically, in gross and fine motor, she's roughly functioning at her adjusted age, and she's behind in her verbal development. I talk to her all the time and read to her, but it hasn't clicked yet. I guess I look at it as she's able to do more this week than last week, but they say she's behind. Since she didn't have any brain bleeds that we know of, we'll keep working on it. I'm supposed to have ECI do another language evaluation to see if we need a speech therapist do see her as well. (So we'll have alphabet soup every week: PT, OT and ST.) If for some reason, by the summer she's still not talking, we'll look closer for any problems, but I don't think it'll go that far.
I try not to wish away my week, but I already wish it were the weekend again. Staying home and puttering in the yard or playing with Katie is just so much more fun that way. I still play a lot during the week, but it's not the same when you know you have chores to do and work the next day.
Hopefully, we'll get to take bluebonnet pictures this weekend. I'm even thinking of washing up Bluebonnet (the dog) and taking her along. If my plan works, we'll have pics of Katie with Bluebonnet in bluebonnets. (Corny, I know.)
Oh, one more thing about the appointment: Katie is still lagging under the growth curve, but her head circumference is normal and she's caught up to the curve for her height. Head circumference is important b/c it indicates that her brain is growing the way it needs to, and it looks like she'll be tall :-)
Does anyone have any hints on how to keep shoes and headbands on this kid? I have these cute shoes and matching headbands for her outfits, but they all turn into chew toys. I mean, as soon as I get them put on, she's got them yanked off. Any ideas? (Short of Super Glue?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Jesse,
ReplyDeleteI get such a laugh reading about Katie, although the doctors tell you different she seems like such a normal baby! Good luck with the headbands and shoes, Emma is almost 2 and she still chews on her shoes and wont let us put anything in her hair, so if you find a trick share it! LOL
The Nichols
Hey Katie's mom,
ReplyDeletelol-i bet you cant wait to be called that! Well this is a tip that you should NOT do- when i was a baby, i was balled until i was 2! i showed Katie to my mom and she said that Katie has more hair than i ever did! lol! She said she used Karo syrup and also she TAPED the stupid things to my head! PLEASE DONT DO THIS TO KATIE!!! Mom said i ALWAYS got called a boy and that bugged her cuz i was her baby GIRL! but anyways there is something NOT TO DO! And i dont think super glue would do either!LOL! Katie is the cutest baby! Have fun with everyday that you get to decide what she wears and how her hair is dressed-pretty soon she will be telling you she needs highlights again! Lol!
Talk to you later
Macie