Blogger Layouts

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Skipping Steps


I have some really cute naked bootie pictures, but I figure Katie would hate me when she gets older if I post those. These topless pics are probably bad enough :-) The girl loves her baths! Can't wait until it gets warm enough to swim!

I would like to proudly announce that Katie ate peas today! Not baby food peas, but REAL peas. This is the kid who gagged on mashed potatoes a few weeks ago, now eating peas and puffy cereal like it's going out of style. She also discovered that peas are fun to squish on your tray. We wasted a lot of peas that way, but she had a lot of fun.

The OT showed us a trick to try to get Katie to take food from a spoon. Katie has these soft blocks that squeak and blow little puffs of air when you squeeze them. (She got them for her birthday!) Anyhow, if I squeeze a little puff of air on her mouth, she'll open up and I can sneak some food in. This only works for the first several spoonfuls, but it's an improvement. Maybe she just wants to skip the baby food stage and go right on into "real" food.

We still haven't had much luck with sippy cups. She wants either a bottle or a cup. She'll play with the sippy cup, but doesn't care to drink from it. She also likes to drink from straws when I siphon some up in the straw, then let her suck it out. Before too long, she'll be drinking from a straw and eating a cheeseburger :-)

2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful-her smile can light up any day! Never a dull moment huh!
    -macie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mom, what in the world were you thinking? Putting those on the INTERNET? Where, like, everyone can, like, see???"

    I can already hear it lol.

    Love y'all

    -Amber

    ReplyDelete