WARNING: If dirty diaper talk offends you, quit reading here.
I learned something today about babies who eat more solid foods. They have humongus dirty diapers. This morning before Kevin left, Katie was sitting in her walker. We both noticed some thing brown on her sock. Then I noticed a brown streak running down her leg. I thought, "Ooooohhhhhh nnnnnoooooo!" (At this point, her daddy claimed he had something else to do and would throw up if he had to change her. How convenient.) I'll spare the details, but my gosh, that was the hugest diaper I've ever changed. She probably lost 2 pounds after that business was over. There simply wasn't any more room in it. We were lucky we didn't have a bigger mess.
Spoon feeding has turned into a battle. She does fine with the taste and texture of the baby food once it's in her mouth, but she doesn't want me feeding it to her. Her coordination isn't quite good enough to spoon feed herself at this point, though. For dinner tonight, she ate part of my sandwich. She even ate little bits of meat and cheese w/o gagging or anything. I think it's simply not active enough for Mom to feed her; she wants to do it herself. I've also narrowed down another of our feeding problems-she doesn't like any kind of food that slips out of her fingers (bananas, fruit cocktail, etc.) If she can get a good grip on it (cereal, bread), she'll eat until she's full.
We're getting excited about the Walk for Babies! The shirts should be here any day, and I'll post meeting details soon. A big group of us are going to drive to a DART rail station and ride the train in. (Parking is horrible at the Walk.) I'll try to email everybody I know is going, but check the blog in case I miss anyone.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just remember the little girl who used to tell her mommy,"Mommy, I do it all my byself." and would not accept help in any shape form or fashion......I know where she gets her determination and independence.....and even the stubbornness! Love her to pieces!
ReplyDeleteGrandma
AWWW- YOUR SUCH A GOOD WRITER MRS. S! I LOVE reading your blog about Katie- it always makes me laugh! It so funny that she is sooo independent! She certainly is a character! I cant wait until i actually get to MEET Katie and talk to her- let me know about all the stuff for the walk! My email address is macie_mayrell@yahoo.com or you know where to find me monday-friday!
ReplyDeleteSee ya later
-Macie