Blogger Layouts

Sunday, April 13, 2008

This is post #200!

Can you believe this is #200? Sometimes I have a hard time believing so many people still keep up with this blog. I look at the counter sometimes, and there are people from all over reading it fairly regularly. We appreciate everyone who keeps checking in on Katie!

Last Friday, Katie and I went to visit Dorsey Elem. (where my mom teaches). All of the kids up there are fundraising for the March of Dimes. I guess Katie is almost like their mascot for MoD. We appreciate everything they're doing for the March of Dimes. We especially appreciate the staff that are joining us for the Walk next weekend. In case you haven't noticed, our team has already raised over $400. I have some more cash and check donations I need to sit down and enter in. I expect we'll be up over $500 by the weekend. Every penny is important! I'll be sending more personalized thank you's but for now, know how much we appreciate your donations.

This afternoon, we went to Katie's NICU reunion in Plano. The theme was "Tiny Treasures", so the whole party had a pirates and treasure theme. Katie got a tiara and beads among some other goodies. I have some pictures to post, but I think the camera is still out in the car, and I'm already in my pj's, so they'll have to wait until tomorrow. :-)



The reunion was nice, with the exception of it being too windy. Most of the activities were outside, so we didn't stay long. We saw most of the people we were interested in seeing, then left to run some other errands. I'm a little paranoid of being out in the chilly wind too much with Katie. The last thing we need is another cold or ear infection.



We especially liked getting to see Faye again. She's one of the nurses that Katie had most often. We felt like Faye treated Katie as her own when we couldn't be there, and that truly makes staying in the NICU easier. We also saw one of Katie's first nurses, Alice. Alice cared for Katie the first day she was born. After that, we only got to have Alice one other time. When we saw Alice in the hall today, she remembered Katie's name and she remembered things about the day she was born. Pretty amazing, considering all the babies she's cared for over the year.

March for Babies Information:

We will meet at the downtown Garland DART rail station Sat. morning at 7:30. I'll have to check in and turn in our money by 8:30, and the Walk starts at 9:00. I'll make phone calls to everyone that I know is participating by Thursday of this week. Wear comfortable shoes, bring water and a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment