We had another setback today. I fed Katie her 11:00 bottle, and she slowly but surely took it. At first I was relieved b/c she hasn't taken the last couple, and the doctor had dropped her back down to 2 bottles per day. After her feeding, her stridor got really bad. I thought it had almost completely gone away, but it was back today. I hoped that if she settled down, the stridor would quit, but she still had it. So...her doctor discontinued all bottle feedings, started her on steroids again and she'll see the ENT doctor on Monday. It's a big disappointment. We had started getting the "going home" talks, and I thought we were getting close. Katie's neonatologist seems to think it's time to do the airway split surgery to enlarge her airway. Her neonatologist team had been wanting to hold off on calling in the ENT, b/c they say when you call in a surgeon, he'll want to do surgery. They were trying to exhaust every other option first, and we've tried everything so far.
I can't tell you how disappointing it is to know that Katie will be in the hospital for longer. At one point, I was thinking we'd be home in about 2 weeks. I'm tired of driving up there, sitting up there, and not knowing how things are going to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Jesse,
ReplyDeleteJohn and I are always here if you need us. The offer stands for both you and kevin whenever you need it. I am sorry its so hard, please keep praying. Katie seems like a fighter and I am sure you will all be going home soon.