Blogger Layouts

Sunday, May 20, 2007



This is C-PAP. The prongs go up her nose and reach her throat. She really doesn't like these at all. They make her sneeze a lot and she kept trying to pull them out already.

Katie had to be put back on the vent. yesterday. They extubated her at about 10:30, and she lasted until about 4:30. Her lungs are functioning OK, but the tube causes so much irritation in her airway that it swells and makes it hard for her to get a breath in. Yesterday was tough. I had been hoping to get on with feeding, which means she could come home. Especially now that her room is done, I want her home even more. There's a baby next to us that was born Jan. 30, weighs over 6 pounds and is still on the vent. Each time Katie has to be reintubated, it makes me more scared that she will be like that. I try to remind myself that she will do it when she's ready. She took out all the other lines when SHE was ready, not when the doctors scheduled. I'm having trouble with the "when it's meant to be, it will happen" thinking. I want it written on my calendar, and I want it on time (in other words, NOW). What is God thinking? Are these setbacks so I'll appreciate her more?

2 comments:

  1. Hold on to your faith hon. Every picture you share with us, we can see such huge changes in her, such growth. It will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie is looking bigger and better every picture you post. We are praying for Katie. Stay strong and keep faith.


    Christal

    ReplyDelete