They tried putting Katie back on C-pap at about 2 p.m. on Wed., but they called this morning at 1:00 a.m. to tell us that they had to reintubate her. When we left the hospital last night, I had a feeling she would not last on it again this time. She was pulling really hard to breathe, and with each breath, she was wheezing. The wheezing part really worried me, but the nurse and respiratory therapist didn't act worried about it. I know when I have an asthma attack, I wheeze b/c I can't get air in and out, and I was worried the same was happening with her. When they called this morning, they said her airway and vocal chords were inflamed from the tube. Next time, they'll give her some steroids to help with the inflammation.
She doesn't weigh 3 pounds yet--she lost some and now weighs 2 lbs 13 oz. Hopefully we'll have better news to post tonight. I'll try to get some new pictures up, too. I'd been waiting in hopes of getting some good pictures of her without the tube in, but I'll take some more today.
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment