Today was tough. I went in this morning to find an IV pump and Katie with an IV in her scalp. She has some sort of infection, and was running a fever. They took a blood culture to see if anything develops...that will take from 48-72 hours to get the results. When we left, she looked and was acting better than she was this morning.
I came undone when I saw Katie this morning. I couldn't believe they didn't call me. Of course, I wanted to know why- the nurse thought the dr. would call, the dr. thought the nurse would call. I don't trust them, so I will be a pain in their rear and call THEM every other hour at least.
Even after I calmed down, I was/am in a foul mood. ("Foul" is the nicest synonym I can manage right now for how I'm really feeling.) I hate how we went from talking about starting to bottle feed on Friday, to talking about possibly having to reintubate Saturday, and being on antibiotics today. I hate not being able to do anything, even pick Katie up by myself. I don't want to hear how 3 months isn't really a long time when I look at the "big picture". I need good news tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment