Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Little Surprises

 Here is one of the little surprises I've been finding around the house. The other day during a quick trip to Staples for a new calendar, I was struck again by how much like me Katie is. I've always loved office supplies. When I was young, I would organize my barely used multicolored pens, note pads, etc. nearly every day. I still love all the cute paperclips and Post-It pads. I'm pretty sure that must be genetic, because Katie is the same way. After our 10 minute trip to Staples, Katie's Santa list had at least doubled. Ever heard of a 5-year-old putting Post-It notes on her Christmas list? Mine has. In case anyone is wondering, the tape dispenser that looks like a high heeled shoe and the blinged-out stapler made her list, too. (I don't think Santa will be able to justify a 5-year-old having her own tape dispenser and stapler, though.)

Anyhow, she got her hands on a notepad I've had in the desk drawer. Now that writing has "clicked" for her, and she has discovered my stash of Post-It notes, she loves to write me notes, and leave them around the house. I find it a little funny how she puts her name at the top of each, like it's a paper for school :)
 

1 comment: