It's been a tough day. We got news last night that one of my teacher friends and her daughter were in a bad car accident. The mom did not survive, and the daughter is in critical condition. Please say a prayer for the Little family. Sometimes I hate how fast things can change. It's depressing to think that your life could be totally changed, or ended by this time next week. It was really hard to leave Katie this morning. Part of the reason I've been so determined to keep the blog going, write in a journal and get her baby book together is that I'm afraid something will happen. I've felt this way before the accident. I think it's b/c my mom lost her mother when she was very young. If that should happen to Katie, I want her to know me and to know how much I love her. (Not that I'm planning or expecting anything to happen to me, but you just never know.)
Katie has her 6 month check-up tomorrow, which means...SHOTS. I'm not worried about her getting the shots, I just dread the effects of them. According to my bathroom scales, she's around 11 lbs now. Hopefully, tomorrow she'll at least be on the growth charts. In the past few days, I've noticed that she's trying to reach for toys more often. She's also discovered her feet, although everytime she reaches for one, it moves, and she can't quite catch it. It's kind of funny to watch.
Well, I'm off to attempt to finish clipping Katie's fingernails. I have to wait until she's asleep, and even then, I hate doing it. I'm afraid I'm going to clip her finger, and she won't tolerate the nail file at all. I can usually only get 3 or 4 fingers done before she wakes up. Maybe I'll at least finish a hand...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment