Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Katie is mostly walking these days. It's not a smooth or always balanced walk, but she gets around. It's nice that she has a little independence and is not always my shadow at all times, but at the same time, I miss being able to just sit and hold her. Now that only happens when she's sick.

There are many times I watch her, and I am amazed by her. I know she's still baby sized, but she is growing up. For example, tonight we were eating French fries. She loves fries, and loves ketchup. Before, I always dipped them in the ketchup for her. Tonight, she insisted on doing it herself. She fussed and reached until she pulled the plate with the ketchup over to her. Then, she was happy as a clam. (A clam covered in ketchup, but happy)

She is also attempting to dress and undress herself. I know the books say they don't start this until later, but I swear, she is. She'll carry around a shirt, and put her arms in the holes. She hasn't quite figured out how to get her head through yet. She'll also pull and tug at whatever she wants off.

I wrote earlier that she has discovered belly buttons. She's also started trying to blow on my belly. As soon as I lay down, she'll pull up my shirt and blow on my tummy. It's hilarious and it tickles.

She's also kind of started playing with her dolls. I say "kind of" because she'll kiss them and pat them (although it looks more like beating them). After that, Mom has to hold the baby, and Mom can NOT put the doll down. If Katie notices I'm not holding the doll, she'll come back over and plop it back in my hands or in my lap. At first, I thought she was just playing a game, but it's happened several times now.

I scheduled her first RSV shot today. I'm not sure what time slot will work best. Last year, I always took her after lunch, then we had the day to recover. I picked the first appointment this year so it'll be easier to cover my classes at school. I'm just worried she'll be in no mood to be left at daycare after the shot, though. Guess we'll just have to try it out.

1 comment:

  1. Remember how we used to put your coat on the ground "upside down" when you were insisting on dressing yourself? She is growing every day, physically, mentally and emotionally. I loved the part about the baby doll. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete