I thought I'd post a few things Katie is doing nowadays....
--Whenever she hears music, she "dances". Depending on the music and her mood, she may use just her right arm, or she might go whole body. It's hilarious to watch when she really gets into it. I haven't been able to catch her on video yet, but I'm trying.
--Her fascination with my shoes continues to grow. She can now get into my closet, and she has found the hanging bag where I keep my shoes. As you can imagine, she loves to unload all of my shoes and sort through them. Since I have all of my open-toed shoes in my closet now, she'll stick her arm through the open part of the shoe and carry them all around the house. (The shoe picture in the post from earlier shows what I'm talking about.)
--There have been several days when it's gotten way too quiet after lunch this past week. When it suddenly gets quiet, it means she's into something she's not supposed to be, or asleep. Luckily, it's been the latter. When she's tired, she'll go in her room, wrap up in her blanket and take a nap. Even though the naps are still short, it's way better than having to fight her to take one.
--It seems like she's learning more and more words each day. She can mimic most words, but she can name shoe, shirt, dog, cat, sit, down, and daddy. (For those interested, she only says "mama" when I have an ice cream sandwich in my hand. No kidding.) In fact, we had some plumbing problems this morning, and her daddy was grunting, growling and and saying some choice words trying to get the old valves off the tub, and Katie was copying him sound for sound, word for word. (Although her daddy disagrees with this last statement.)
Tomorrow starts my last week of summer freedom. Usually, I'm at least kind of ready to go back, but not this year. I think it has more to do with leaving Katie for a whole day rather than the actual job part. I'm not worried about where she'll be or who she'll be with, I just hate to be away from her. I was lucky to be home with her for half a day last year. Katie was a daycare for a whole day one day last week when I was at a workshop. She did well, except for not wanting to take a nap.
We have an eye dr. appointment on Thurs. that I'm DREADING. I hope they don't have to pry her eyelids open with the clips, but I'm afraid they will. That's the only way to get a good look inside her eyes. Eyeballs creep me out. I can't even stand eye drops. Hopefully, it will be fast and painless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment