Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, August 28, 2007



This is from when she was just really being alert and able to suck of the pacifier.




Here's a dose of Katie's temper...




This is from when we were still kangarooing. She still had her feeding tube, breathing tube and IV in for one of the infections.


Now that we have better Internet, I can post videos w/o it taking forever! It's kind of helpful for me to look back at these and see how far she's come.


Katie had her eye dr. appointment this afternoon. We got really good news! Her left eye is fully developed, and her right eye is nearly there. He said the ROP appears to be taking care of itself. I was nervous about the appointment, so my dad met me at the office. At this point, I've been pretty sure she doesn't have any problems seeing, but I was nervous about the procedure they do to look in her eyes. They use these metal clips to hold her eyelids open. If I hadn't seen him open the sterile packaging, I would think he just bent up some paperclips and stuck them in Katie's eyes. (Those eyelid clips look just like paperclips to me....) We don't have to go back to the eye dr. for a whole year!!! In the NICU, we could tell how serious the problem was by when he wanted the next appointment to be. When he would return in a week or 2, it meant he wanted to keep a very close eye (no pun intended :-) ) on her. If he wanted to wait 3 or 4 weeks, it meant things were going pretty well, so a whole year is very good.


Katie has a pediatrician appt. tomorrow afternoon. She'll get her weight checked. I'm also going to ask about teething.....I think she's already trying to. For about a week now, I've noticed that she slobbers and drools a lot, but I didn't really think anything about it. Then, I noticed her grating her gums over her knuckles. She's also been chomping on her pacifier, rather than sucking on it as much. I got a teething ring for her, and she'll gnaw on it for quite a while. I don't know what her gums are really supposed to look like, but I can see 2 lighter, raised spots. If she really is teething, I won't know what to think. It's kind of hit me out of nowhere. Her adjusted age isn't even 2 months yet. I thought regular babies didn't start teething until around 6 months, and she's just now 5 months. (According to my "What to Expect" book, it can start anywhere between 3 months and a year.)


Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

  1. Jess, GREAT NEWS about Miss Katie eyes. I love the picture of her scooting. She looks so alert and curious.

    Miss you all, and love you.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete