Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We're still here....

I've honestly meant to blog many times, but just haven't mustered up the time and/or energy to do so. By the time I get home, I'm usually tired of dealing with computers, especially after doing the household and school stuff at home.

Here are a few Katie tidbits:
  • She got her first "real" haircut 2 Saturdays ago. I had trimmed a little before that, but I was nervous to do much more. She wasn't sure about it at first, but once Audena (the hair lady) started rubbing her head and playing with her hair, she settled down. It was all good once she got her sucker.
  • She got her 2nd pair of Nike shoes. I couldn't cram her foot into the first pair anymore. She's not wearing an infant size 5. (Although I think Nikes run small b/c all her other size 4 shoes are still big.)
  • We've been working on ABCs and counting. She can get up to E in the alphabet by herself, but then she gets stuck on E. So, we hear this a lot "A, B, C, D, E, E, E, E,.......". Same thing with counting. It goes "1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3...." I'm determined she will not be one of those kids who does not know their alphabet or numbers by the time they get to school.
  • She thinks "fake burping" is the most hilarious thing right now. She'll burp for real, then fake burp over and over. It cracks her up every time. Not sure where she picked this up from.
  • She has always loved playing with the tv remote, but now she has discovered that the buttons do more than make the little red light on the remote come on. She can pause, replay, fast forward and rewind the tv now.
  • She is playing more with her dolls and animals now. She'll share snacks and drinks with her babies.
  • She is a pushy sharer. If she wants to share her drink with you, you WILL take a drink; she will not take "no" for an answer. If she wants you to hold a baby, you better not set the baby aside thinking she's not watching. She will storm across the room and put the baby back in your arms.
  • She still weighs 20 lbs. She's weighed the same for over 3 months now. I'm a little concerned, but she eats well and I know she's gotten taller.
  • She can operate the water cooler. She hasn't quite mastered drinking from a cup without a lid by herself yet, but it sure is fun to pull the lever and get her own water. She'll occasionally get a rude surprise when she pours it down her front, but it doesn't stop her from turning around and doing it again.

1 comment:

  1. You have a little lady on your hands. She reminds me alot of her mother when she was that age.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete