Blogger Layouts

Sunday, February 22, 2009

This is Scout. Her real name on her papers is Talent Scout, but we are calling her Scout. Plus, I always liked Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird. She relaxed in the backyard with us this weekend. We put Katie's saddle on her for the first time. (Scout's first time ever with a saddle.) She just stood there like it was no big deal. I was kind of expecting her to have a fit, but she didn't. Katie has been on her bare back, but we didn't try Katie and the saddle today.
I think we lucked out with Scout. She'll be 3 in May, and usually young horses are a little unpredictable. So far Scout has been around the dogs, kids, trailer rides and cars, and nothing has really spooked her. She got startled once this afternoon when a loud car went by, but she just jumped a little.

Evidently, she decided pants really weren't necessary. Who needs pants when you have pink boots like those? Those are her 2nd pair of boots. She couldn't get around easily in the others (they had a little heel), but these are more like Fat Babies. If she gets to choose her shoes for the day, guess which footwear she chooses....:-)



1 comment:

  1. "Pants? Pants? I don't need no stinkin' pants!" At least she left on the diaper.....would she be riding bare back or bare butt????? Great pictures.....

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete