Blogger Layouts

Friday, January 18, 2008

Whew....finally Friday. This week was only a 4 day week (Monday we had a workday, so no students). For some reason, short weeks always seem longer than normal weeks. I think it's because I try to cram 5 days into 4.

We tried again with the cookies last night. Katie still threw up as soon as the cookie started coming apart in her mouth. You can look back to the pictures, and it looks like she's eating it, but she was really just smearing it all over her face. I guess it's good that she keeps trying to get the cookie to her mouth, though.

I had a crazy evening yesterday. There's been a stray dog that has made himself at home on our porch. Evidently, he and our dogs get along great. They worked together to dig out under the fence. This happened the first time early in the afternoon, but I got them back in and stuck a patio block in the hole. They then dug a hole right next to the original and escaped again. When I noticed this, Katie was having a pukefest. I couldn't leave the house to go look for them, but I was worried about them getting hit or lost. I finally decided we would load up and drive around and look for them. Just as I was picking up Katie.....BLEEHHHH!!!! I'll spare the graphic details, but I ended up with vomit in my hair and down my arm. Instead of looking for the dogs, we headed for the shower. I really didn't want to go wondering around the neighborhood with a wet head, and Katie was tired, so I decided to wait and see if the dogs would come home on their own. I waited and waited and waited; no dogs. Finally, around 3 this morning, I heard them at the front door. I finally managed to get some sleep after that. This weekend, there will be an hot wire around the bottom of our fence. Maybe if they get the jeebers shocked out of them, they'll learn. That dang stray is still hanging out on the porch. He's a sweet dog, but we don't need another dog!

Today we had our first snow flurry. It wasn't cold enough to stick and not near enough to accumulate, but it was still exciting! (I really get excited when it really snows on a school day.)

I'll have more pictures this weekend! Thanks for checking on Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment