Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

She'll probably hate me one day for this, but I couldn't pass it up. I was putting her in her tub when she tinkled in the water, so we had to start over. She looks so long!
"Did you mean I'm not supposed to play with this cord?"

For a baby that can't crawl yet, Miss Katie sure is drawn to anything with a cord on it. I've written before that she can unplug her swing. When she sits in my lap at the computer, she loves to grab at the laptop power cord. She has now discovered the vacuum cord. I had to go let the dogs out for a potty break (I'll explain that later), and when I came back, Katie had moved across the room and was pulling on the vacuum cord. I told her "No!", and she looked at me like I was crazy.

Over the last week, I have noticed her personality coming out. I think I'm going to have my hands full for the next few years. Don't get me wrong; she's usually a happy baby. I think lately, I would describe her as persistent. I move her away from thing she shouldn't be in, and she tries with all her might to get back over there. I take away or move something she shouldn't have, and she gets mad. I think I've seen her first temper tantrum. I don't know where she gets that stuborness from :-)
Don't forget about the March of Dimes. If you would like to walk with us, we'd love you to come! If you don't want to do the online thing, but still want to participate, leave a comment or send an email. If anybody has any good ideas for first birthday themes, let me know! I haven't decided if I'm going to do a theme or not, but I only get one shot at her first birthday, so I want it to be good!

1 comment:

  1. Jessie,

    I wonder if Katie's fascination with cords comes from her memories of the hospital.

    As for your daughter's personality it reminds me very much of your sister. Fair warning, no did not mean very much to Angie.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete