We are continuining to work on potty training. Everytime I use the bathroom, Katie has to strip down and sit on her potty. She has the routine down; everything from getting out of the diaper to wiping when she's finished. She's only managed to tinkle in the potty once. She can tell me as she's peeing or right after she pees, but we haven't quite figured out the timing part yet. I'm just glad she's showing interest in it at this point. I have a feeling that we'll end up having to get one of those potty seats that goes on the real toilet. The last several times she's "gone", she's wanted to put her paper in the big potty and flush it. I guess just closing the lid on the little potty just doesn't have the same effect.
Santa was not a hit with Katie this year. Her daddy took her this year when they were in Plano for a checkup. In this year's Santa picture, she's beet red and screaming. I've scanned it and tried to post it for 20 min. now, and Blogger is not finishing any pictures, so I'll try the pics again tomorrow.
A few other random things:
- She has figured out how to eat with a fork. It doesn't matter what the food is....if she has a fork, it's going to get stabbed.
- She is starting to call herself a "big durl" (big girl), and other small kids are babies.
- She loves rearranging ornaments on the Christmas tree. She really has been very gentle with the ornaments. She has stoled one ornament (a little wreath made of jingle bells), but other than that, she looks at the ornaments and rearranges them.
- She is finally giving the phrase, "uh-oh" a break. For a while, everything was "UH-OH". Not "dood dob" (good job) is popular.

I remember someone else's screaming red face with Santa, too!
ReplyDeleteLove ya, Mom
She is growing up so fast. I love that she uses good job. It shows that she gets positive reinforcements from those she loves.
ReplyDeleteHope everyone has an awesome Christmas. Love you guys!!
Mary